Sunday, August 01, 2021

Sunday 8 1 21 morning call

Last post for three-four weeks.


No photos from yesterday. Facebook memories brought up this shot taken at my favorite Uluwatu break. Too steep for me (air drops are not my forte), so I pulled back. I surfed that spot with Owen Wright once. He would have obviously gone.


I'm going on a road trip in the NW USA. I never needed a credit card until now (debit card wasn't enough for the car rental company), but my credit score was zero. Thanks to the help of Jason Hall, I was able to get one. Hit him up if you need help with that.

4-5am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion.
South shore
Barbers

1.6ft @ 14s from 186° (S)
0.7ft @ 18s from 187° (S)

Well, the numbers at Barbers are good, but you don't know how it looks until you look at the webcam (pretty good in this picture). Check the Lahaina webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.


North shore
Pauwela

4.7ft @ 8s from 80° (E)
3.1ft @ 6s from 72° (ENE)

Windswell picking up again, but pretty easterly. Home guess for Hookipa is waist to possibly chest high and sloppy. Bigger on eastern exposures.

Forecast and energy spectrum of Pauwela from this PACIOOS page.



Wind map at noon. The other ones can be found here (click on animation of the 10 meter column).



Fetches map
(circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.
North Pacific
(about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):



South Pacific
(about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):



Morning sky.

1 comment:

(Ben) Jamin Jones said...

I hope you'll be visiting the gorge and Hood River. Keep posting trip updates if you can. Aloha Ben