Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10 15 14 forecast

4am main swell buoy readings:

Hanalei
6.5ft @ 9s from 13° (NNE)
1ft @ 15s from 343° (NNW)

Waimea bay
4.9ft @ 9s from 2° (N)
1ft @ 4s from 38° (NE)

Maui north shore
5.1ft @ 9s from 2° (N)
2.3ft @ 4s from 67° (ENE)
1ft @ 16s from 20° (NNE)

West lanai
2.7ft @ 13s from 198° (SSW)
0.8ft @ 7s from 179° (S)
0.8ft @ 5s from 163° (SSE)
0.4ft @ 9s from 197° (SSW)
 
Despite the ENORMOUS information that the buoys give you, some days it's still hard to decide where to go surf. This morning instead, there's absolutely no doubt that the call will be Lahaina.
The Lanai buoy reading is the same as yesterday, so I'm calling chest to occasionally shoulder/head high sets.

From my place in Kuau to Lahaina is 29 miles, which is exactly what my car does per gallon. That means that the round trip costs me 8 bucks. Kinda pricey, but as long as I catch at least 8 waves so I can keep the cost per wave below 1 dollar each, I'm fine.
A coffee is more than that. And I love the glassiness of the dawns over there.

The afternoon will most likely offer wind/kitesurfing action on the north shore. Nothing epic though, since there's "only" 5f 9s in the water.

The talk of the week will be the Tropical storm Ana that is forecasted to become a hurricane and pass by very close to the islands. Here's the latest track forecast. You can check more updated ones here.
 
 
 

I love the game of picking the right spot for the conditions, and when hurricanes are involved, that game goes to another level. Too early to do it now, because it will highly depend on where the eye will actually be when it passes by, but I can't help myself but formulating a million possibilities in my head...
All wasted neurons. The call for any day is to be made in the morning of that same day (unless you have a boat or a jet ski and plan on using it). That's what I'm trying to do with this daily forecast.
If you guys appreciate it, please share the address of this blog on your social medias. Thanks.

Have fun in the sun everyone!

No comments: