Friday, February 27, 2015

2 27 15 morning call

Yesterday's surfing photo from Hookipa is from Jimmie Hepp and shows legendary Ilima Kalama ripping at age 72 (or maybe more).



I'm inspired by the dad just as much as I'm inspired by the son (Dave) and I'm gonna share a stupid secret plan that I have.
If I ever make it to age 75, I wonna be the best 75 years old surfer on the planet. That means that the competition will be between me and all the other class 1963 surfers still out there. I might even have to organize a contest...
Robby Naish was born in that year. Good luck to me!

This morning no graphs, just the Pauwela buoy 7am reading:
7.7ft @ 10s from 79° (ENE)
That is a fairly big windswell you guys. Did you notice it in yesterday's call? Hookipa looked fun, but crowded as usual. Instead I surfed a spot that I'm gonna call 3B's because it was Big, Beautiful and Blue.
Crazy amount of paddling though... windswells are very consistent, because they are closely generated.

Wind map shows promising fetches, we'll see how those will develop. In the meantime, it's all about the ENE windswell and today the wind will be very light.



Have fun in the sun everyone!


PS. All the sources for this post are permanently linked in the links section on the right of this blog.

No comments: