Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday 8 28 20 morning call

Another downwinder yesterday, in this short clip I was trying to chase Kathy Shipman.


This is the comment I posted on the photo that Art took (his spot was by the back door) showing yesterday's solution to the puzzle of fitting four foil boards and 5 humans in his Toyota van:
"Since I can only join in three days a week, for the first time in my life I'm considering early retirement... so I can go with you guys every day! :)
At the same time, "scarcity" makes it precious, so I'm super stoked every time I get to sit into the magic van that takes us to our magic carpet ride... "
 
He also tagged Kathy in this photo, on which I felt like leaving this comment:
"I don't see any possible improvement in your body position in this shot. Every singly joint is flexed just the right amount to achieve that perfect harmonious balance of all the forces involved.
I hope it felt like that."


4am significant buoy readings and discussion.
South shore

Barbers
2.1ft @ 10s from 173° (S)

Lanai
1.9ft @ 10s from 162° (SSE)
1.6ft @ 6s from 152° (SSE)
1.4ft @ 14s from 160° (SSE)

Don't get excited about the 14s SSE reading at Lanai (might be a glitch), I don't see anything at all on the Lahaina webcam.


North shore
Pauwela
2.1ft @ 5s from 86° (E)
2ft @ 6s from 80° (E)
2ft @ 8s from 50° (NE)

There were some waves at Hookipa yesterday with 3ft 8s from the NE during the day. Today that energy is down to 2ft, but there should still be small waves at Hookipa, bigger on eastern exposures.

Wind map at noon (the other ones can be found at link n.-2 of GP's meteo websites list in the right column).


Fetches map (circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: apparent direct aim, but out of the great circle ray map, so not 100% sure).
North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):


South Pacific (about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):


Morning sky.

No comments: