Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thursday 6 22 23 morning call

Hookipa yesterday.


I looked at it, but the amount of people scared me away. This is what I did instead:

I parked the car at the harbor at 8am with the ebike in it. I jogged  to the kahaumanu center and caught the 8.30 bus. Stretched a bit at home and launched a wing downwinder around 10. Got to the harbor around 11. Sure enough there were already cars of foilers driving up to maliko, so I grabbed a ride home without needing to use the ebike. Launched a foil drive assisted sup foiling run around noon. It was phenomenal. I was doing as good as I've ever done when i saw Kane flying by way faster than me and standing tall like he was on an efoil. Once at the harbor, I packed everything and went to work at 2.
Kane was actually the only human I saw during my runs. Getting motivated to go surfing and compete for waves is getting harder and harder...

5am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion.

South shore
Barbers

    • 1.5ft
      , 13s, S 180º

Lanai

    • 1.5ft
      , 11s, S 175º

Very small southerly energy at the buoys. Check the Lahaina webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.



North shore

Hanalei

  • 3.4ft
    , 8s, NE 50º
  • 3.3ft
    , 6s, NE 55º
  • 1.2ft
    , 13s, NW 305º

Mokapu

    • 4.2ft
      , 8s, ENE 65º
    • 4.4ft
      , 5s, E 80º

4ft 8s NE energy continues. Home guess for Hookipa is waist to chest high.

Wind map at noon. The other ones can be found here.

Fetches map (circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.
North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):

South Pacific (about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):

Morning sky.


1 comment:

(Ben) Jamin Jones said...

Very cool. You should video your adventures would be a fun watch on YT 👍