Thursday, March 01, 2007

A couple of things to celebrate

Just a quick post to celebrate:

1) my 7th wavesailing day in a row at Hookipa (probably the last for a while, since the wind is supposed to die in the weekend)
2) my new fantastic Quatro board. It's a 7.4 (!), 68l custom shape by Keith Taboul and it's so good that when I ride it, I feel like I'm sailing like Keith. Looking at the photos below (thanks Noa), it's quite obvious that I'm not...
But, it's the feeling that counts, right?





Got to go sleep now. Tomorrow I have a full day private surf lesson with a Japanese girl. On the phone she sounded extremely determined to surf and learn as much as possible. God, I love these kind of students.
She's been riding a 7.2 for 3.5 years in California. I'm afraid she's going to wear me out...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats with the new board (and the 7 sessions on Hoo) won't be long before the pro's are back.

Tomorrow (hopefully) the first session since a month can't wait!

Sharon said...

Jesus-did you stuff your wetsuit with socks before you went out?Look at those bulging muscles! Of course without a full frontal photo there’s really no way to tell....

Anonymous said...

I know on the mainland, teachers sleep with students all the time, but have you ever tried?

Are Japanese women any good? LOL.

cammar said...

Robin, the lack of pro's was part of the extreme enjoyment. Less people, more smiles. Good luck with your sesh.

Sharon, I always stuff my wetsuit with socks... but only on the front.

Groopie, what do you mean TRIED?

Anonymous said...

Cheers G.P. Just got back from my sesh. Pretty decent. 3.7 Superfreak (nicely powered up) and my 70l waveboard. Not too shabby!

Anonymous said...

Decent ? Outraging Northsea, bloody scarry, didn't have to jibe to...!!!
Impressing style with the new board, Johan!
Have fun with your student, ehehehe!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You're my hero! But, are they GOOD?!?

cammar said...

Allright, glad you guys scored on the north sea...

My student did wear me out, but we had a lot of fun. Grooper, not the kind you think. And even if we did, it won't be mentioned on this blog...

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the 7 sesh's at Hookipa, I sailed in the sea for the first time this summer yesterday.....I feel I have become too soft (too much lake sailing :() I am now officially a Kook!

You are my hero!

I like japanese girls! :P

Lano,