Allright, let's see what we got here... let's start with a few links.
My review of the Starboard production longboards.
A nice windsurf related blog.
There I found this photo sequence of Kauli at Jaws last Sunday.
The ASP site where to read the results of the Bells Beach surf contest that I just saw online...
Taj Borrow won with a wave worth 9 points in the last minute of the final against Andy Irons. When are the PWA contests going to be webcasted online? The Cabo Verde event would have been awesome to watch!
An hysterical little video that Ely shot with his head cam. Kevin Pritchard made Ely's day, that's for sure... He sounds more excited than being in the hot tub with Pamela Anderson...
Talking about blog readers... here's Lano's blog. He's been reading my blog for ages and I want to welcome him in the blogosphere.
Here's a few shots from today at Hookipa. I sailed there with a 4.7 and the 68l, but soon the wind dropped and I could not enjoy that much. Those guys did. In these conditions, you can have fun only if you're really good...
And here's the sailor of the day, Boujmaa Guilloul, flying really high in one of the rare jumps of today (no wind on the inside).
I know, the horizon is not straight... you guys don't want to pay-per-view... I don't have the money to buy a trypode... :-0
Here's him again showing how ALL windsurf boards should be: bloddy five fin boxes so that the sailor can fool around with the fins and find the best setup. I would love to try that board! I want the possibility of side fins on all my boards!
Lastly, here's an extremely uninteresting list of my personal preferences of famous windsurfers' skills:
- most radical: Kauli Seadi. He was born in the pocket. I'm not talking about his mother's womb... I'm talking about a wave's pocket!
- craziest: Boujmaa Guilloul (with a mention for Mark Angulo)
- cleanest: Kevin Pritchard
- most powerful: Josh Angulo
- most spray off the lip thrower: Jason Polakow
- best ability to perform well under pressure in contests: Josh Angulo and Kevin Pritchard
- best light wind wavesailing: Josh Angulo and Matt Pritchard (both are big guys... how do they do that?)
- best jumper: I don't really care
- best sail number: US1111 Robby Naish (got to put him somewhere...)
- nicest guy (among the ones I know): Francisco Goya
- most vertical approach to the top turn: Keith Taboul
- most stylish: Levi Siver (mention for Sean Ordonez)
- most promising kid: Kai Lenny
- least amount of hair left on the head: Scott McKercher (mention for Keith Taboul)
- most getting better every time I see him: Graham Ezzy
- most underrated Hookipa sailor: Nat Gill
- most contagious smile: Josh Stone and Brian Talma
- best girls around him: Sean Ordonez
- best looking: me