Saturday, June 06, 2015

6 6 15 morning call

Pretty good day on the south shore yesterday. The reinforcement wasn't as strong as someone thought, but there were still beautiful waves to be ridden. The one below was one of them for me.


Instead of boring you with my lame surfing, today I'm gonna post a little video of an encounter with a marine mammal. Too bad she got scared of me and swam away.


 


Buoys
NW
5.6ft @ 13s from 323° (NW)
2.1ft @ 10s from 322° (NW)

Waimea
3.4ft @ 14s from 323° (NW)

Pauwela
3.2ft @ 8s from 91° (E)           
2.9ft @ 14s from 356° (N)
2.5ft @ 11s from 92° (E)

Barbers
3.1ft @ 14s from 282° (WNW)           
1.2ft @ 8s from 171° (S)

The NW swell is here and it's pretty healthy. No wind and a bunch of people in the water at Hookipa already as shown by the webcam. I'll join them and post an update from the beach soon.
Despite the lack of south readings at the Barbers buoy, the south swell is still here and the lahaina cam still shows some beautiful glassy waves in the early morning.
So, double option today.

Wind on the north shore will be very light till around 10. Then light trades will pick up and become a little stronger by 1pm as the MC2km maps shows below.
I'm off at 2 and I'm hoping for a sneaky slog and surf sailing session after that.



Wind map doesn't show anything good at all. I'm off the island on Tuesday, I think I got lucky with the timing again.

No comments: