Sunday, October 30, 2011

maui makani classic day 3

Another action packed day!

Let get straight to the fact that I made it to the final of the Masters division. The final was the last heat of the day and, quite uncharacteristicly, it was windy as hell (overpowered on a 4.7) and almost dark...

My good friend (and only sponsor) Jeff Henderson won and I came second, so I couldn't wish for a better end. Seriously, he's such a better sailor than me that if I had won it would have felt unfair...
Congrats also to Yasu and Rob who were third and fourth.
Here's the "podium" in the dark...
Photo taken from here.


And here's the winner in one of his great clean aerials (thanks Nino for the photos).


Now a bit of me. Here's a little spray.




A late hit.


This jibe on the wave wasn't easy. The wall in front got pretty steep but fortunately I managed not to catch a rail on the way down... that would have been entertaining!

This wave did not count (I caught it just after the heat was over) and I was aware of it. That's why I rode it more relaxed (and better).




I'm trying to build a possible sequence here. This photo was taken by Sofie and I took it from this album. It might be the first bottom turn on that last non-counting wave.





I did three top turns on that wave, not sure which one is this.




No photos of the final whatsoever, because it was late and dark.
Here's the single elimination Master's results.


Here's a few shots I took.
A bit of that.


Kai is a character. I believe we all agree on that!

Nice goiter by Morgan!

It's pretty clear that this lady needs some attention if she goes surfing like that...

Graham.

Too bad she's wearing it upside down, otherwise it could be a nice ad for MFC harnesses...

Good friends Tati and Shawna.


Today looks kind of flat and I really hope they will hold the contest. Monday and Tuesday the waves are going to be big and the wind forecast is not too bad... can't wait!

8 comments:

Catapulting Aaron said...

I witnessed your semi-final heat and it took me a minute to identify you on that sail. I was just thinking "dang the guy on the blue sail is killing it!"

Anonymous said...

...congratulate for the Second.
Aloha Torsten

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2. I saw you were sailing a firelight the first day. It would be great if you write a review of this sail. Looks like a real interesting new product from Hot.

Anonymous said...

GP You do man! I want to be able to bottom turn like you.

cammar said...

thanks everyone.

Yes, I should do a post about the firelight. let me spend some more time on it. if I forget, don't be afraid to remind me.

"I want to be able to bottom turn like you" is a sentence I would have never thought someone could direct to me! It's all relative I guess...

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!! Greate tuens, on waht board do you sail?

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!! Greate tuens, on waht board do you sail?

cammar said...

81l starboard evil twin 2009