Friday, October 30, 2009

bloody awesome. beautiful. you got to be kidding me. yaaaaaaaa.

You know those waves that when you kick out of them you just have to yell something out of your lungs? Specially when you're completely alone and you're not conditioned by the presence of others?

If you know what I'm talking about, you know how rare they are.
Well, today I had four of those. And listed in the title of this post are the short sentences I yelled out of my lungs when kicking out of them...

What an amazing day it was.

- surfing from 6.45 to 9.45.
- work from 10 to 2.
- photos at Hookipa from 2.30 to 3.30.
- windsurfing from 4 to 6.

The eight yoga lessons I took in the last three weeks are doing miracles and even though I clearly feel a bit shattered after a day like today, I feel very strong indeed.
It's a really good time to be me...

Hookipa was a great show since many non Maui resident pros are in town.
Photo of the day goes to Browsinho with a sick taka off the lip (or whatever that is called). He landed this one perfectly.


Here's the others in strict chronological order.
Mark Angulo.


Robby Swift bailing out a goiter.


Laurent.


Keith.


Upside down Swift.


When I told him about the rockstar contest, Browsinho excitedly accepted to enter:"I'm gonna win it", he said.
To all Hookipa sailors: you'll be stoked to be announced that you are officially in a windsurfing contest against Browsinho that you can actually win.


Francisco Porcella doing what he does best. (well, he's actually pretty good at getting barreled on a surfboard too)


Long time no see Jennifer Henderson at Hookipa. Sure she didn't forget how to sail it... nice legs, btw!


Camille.


Philippe.


Jason Polakow.


Manu.


9.45pm. Tomorrow, more waves. Sunday, even bigger. Life good. Very good. Goodnight.

PS. Both the NW and the Waimea buoys already had some readings of the new NW swell at around one foot. What's so exciting about it? It's the first time EVER that I read 25 seconds as the period...
Clearly those are just the small forerunners and the period will go down, but it's going to be a good one. Way more west of today's swell though. Today the direction was just right.

2 comments:

Garrett said...

Whoa yah what a day. Kiting was amazing. First time I've yodeled in a while.

Hey, do you know anyone who shoots surf or kite video from the water or on a ski? There's a hollywood type flying out to shoot some video in a week, and I'd like to be able to pair him up with someone who knows the water.

cammar said...

Hi Garrett,
in between photos I saw a couple of kiters at Lanes absolutely killing it. Maybe one was you! ;)

Anyway, my friend Francky does photoshoots from the water, not sure about videos and he's out for a few weeks with a bad rib: mauiwatershoot.com (tell him I'm sending you).
For kite videos I knew a guy called Robert. I think his website was mauisportsnet.tv, but it's not there anymore...