Friday, March 14, 2008

From five stars to two

Thursday wasn't nearly as good as Wednesday.

The waves were a notch smaller (which was good), but the wind was just horrible: super strong and gusty.
A few sailors challenged Hookipa. This one looks like Maxi to me...


This other one in the mist could be Keith Taboul (I stopped five minutes on the lookout over Lanes... couldn't really tell).


I went for the sunset sesh at lowers, and rigged a 4.5 hoping the wind would drop, but as the iWindsurf.com graph clearly shows, it didn't and I was mostly overpowered.
The waves stayed kind of choppy and I didn't particularly enjoy it. I really don't like strong wind. From 20 to 35 mph... is that gusty or what?!


Unfortunately, that's what we're going to get in the next several days: strong and gusty east wind. Oh well, at least there will be some waves: a mix of NW swells (the weather map below is from this morning... that swell will hit around Monday) and building windswell.


In other words, we have some low quality (for my standards) wave sailing days ahead. In my personal scale of conditions, there's only one thing worse than that: flat.
Actually, there will be also some small south swells, maybe I'll go surf Lahaina instead.
So, not too bad, it could be worse... I'm not complaining, I'm just informing.

Life is great and I'm loving it!

No comments: