Sunday, September 30, 2007

Diony's freaky Freak

Friday was yet another wavesailing day at Hoo...

Diony showed off his brand new 08 Superfreak... I can't wait to put my hands on mine! They should be here soon now...


Usually I like the super early sessions, but this time the wind was reeeally light on the inside for at least an hour and a half... check some of the photos in the slide below.


I like light wind conditions, so I insisted on staying out and burned my arms off. When I got out for a break, the wind picked up much better, but I just couldn't do it anymore. So I sat and took photos.

Here's Diony flying high...


And here's him again in a backloop.


Here's Francisco Goya's answer.


This is former Aloha Classic winner J0 Motoko Sato.
She must have been very bummed that there will be no contest this year, since she came to Maui with the whole family to train... well, she doesn't look too bored. She rips!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey what happened to diony's sister? she was the top pro and dropped outta sight? super-nice too....

Anonymous said...

Hi,
a couple of weeks ago I read that Jason Diffin left Simmer. Probably to Goyasails, but nothing concrete... Did you spot anything in the "Hookipa-saildevelopment-office"? Brandnew News?

Lano said...

Did Francisco get airport clearance for that aerial!?

cammar said...

Rudolfo, Colette was indeed a supernice girl. She never really digged Maui (yes, that can happen too) and I think she moved back to Venezuela with her husband to start a family... I'll ask Diony next time.

Hank, yep Jason left Simmer and is now sailing Goya sails. I assume he is going to design them.
I don't know why he changed and I don't know who's designing Simmer now...
Anyway, Jason is another example of a super nice guy, always smiling and respecting priorities...

Lano, both Francisco and Diony were detected by the traffic control... all clear!

Anonymous said...

how cum da bruddah Diony gets his befoah u? he litto bit bettah or sometin like dat, brah?

cammar said...

Let's see... if you wanted to be funny... too late brah. I did it myself already on this topic on the HSM forum, at the end of which you can also find the real answer to your question...

If it's not... of course Diony gets his stuff before me! He's immensely better than me...

Unknown said...

Giampaolo,

Thanks for the explanation on waves -it's the best I have seen so far. Just one question, how far is 51001 from north shore Maui ? i could not find this anywhere. I am trying to figure out how to calculate when the swell would get here. thx