Monday, March 31, 2008

fireman for a day

Sunday I decided to take a day off and went for a bike ride.

When I stopped by Hookipa around 4 though, Andres' gear was there ready on the beach and I couldn't resist the temptation.


Underpowered (thank god) on a 4.2 with only crappy windswell... who cares when somebody else rigged for you...


and there's still whales around...



and you can uphaul on a 75l board...


Yeah right, nearly!


Thanks to Andres for rigging, taking photos and derigging. Feels good to have a caddy for once in your life...

Forecast looks good with some small NW swells starting tomorrow (2 feet, 15 sec from 315 at the waimea buoy tonight) till friday. Probably too west for Kanaha, allright for Hookipa. But then in the weekend a big (messy, full of energy, strong current, easy to break stuff) NNE one will hit.

We shall wave sail.

4 comments:

Lano said...

I love that sail! Do they come in 5.7's?

cammar said...

5.8

Jeroensurf said...

And, did you like it?
It,s of course a complete different animal as your Freaks but???

cammar said...

Complete different animal?
Pretty much the opposite, I'd say.
IMO, if you like one you cannot like the other.
They're like a Ferrari (the fire) and a Cadillac (the sf).
I'm 45 and I sail at least 2 hours pretty much every day (I know, tough life).
I'll take the Cadillac always...