Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday 2 26 18 morning call

Double shortboard session for me yesterday, here's a nice closeout wall.


Possibly the first (and last) time you guys see this angle. When I found out I had the camera shooting backwards in the mouth mount I started laughing by myself in the lineup... too bad, I had a wet cover-up on this one. I swear I shaved before going to work later on.


4am significant buoy readings
South shore
W
6ft @ 9s from 86° (E)                      
2ft @ 12s from 114° (ESE)
 
Those 2f 12s at the W buoy could be the energy from the south. The direction as usual is not reliable as the buoy is hit by another stronger swell from the E. This is a photo of Thousand Peaks from a friend (thanks!) yesterday. Waist high, occasionally higher is the report I got.


North shore
Pauwela
8.2ft @ 10s from 94° (E)
4.9ft @ 7s from 84° (E)

Only energy from the east at the Pauwela buoy. 8f 10s obviously make bigger waves than 5f 7s, but that component is from 94, the second is from 84, so it depends where the break of your interested is located.

Wind map at noon shows strong easterly trades.

North Pacific only has the usual E fetch.


South Pacific shows a couple of fetches.


Morning sky.

No comments: