Sunday, January 10, 2016

1 10 16 morning call

The light Kona makes The Point at Hookipa shine.

The first set of photos below are from the morning session, which I couldn't join for the usual reason and went for a swim instead... what fun!




I really wanted to go windsurfing in the afternoon, but when I arrived the wind got too light. This is Morgan in a photo by Jimmie Hepp.


Instead I did something I never did before: a water shoot. Here's the not so bad result, but I have a lot to learn. Great workout, btw.




Then I took more photos from the cliff. First and last of this set is Marlon Lewis.





 

Buoys are all trending up, today should be pretty big.
At 4am Pauwela reads:
8ft @ 17s from 329° (NW)
4.3ft @ 13s from 328° (NW)
3.4ft @ 11s from 332° (NNW)
3.3ft @ 9s from 349° (NNW)
I love the long period reading (it would be better if the other ones weren't there, but can't always be perfect), but it's still a bit less than forecasted. Jaws should break (probably not too big) and Honolua too. The conditions will mostly depend on the wind.


Wind map shows a nicely oriented NW fetch (it's non stop NW swells this time of the year) and a unseasonally strong one SE of New Zealand aimend at Central and South America, but hopefully we'll get some angular spreading of that. I'll keep an eye on the south pacific, because the windity 2 weeks run shows some more unseasonal stuff coming up. Actually, what I saw would be straight unusual if it happens.


MC2km maps not updated yet, but the wind should be once again very light all day.

1 comment:

Richard C. Lambert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.