Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday 7 28 18 morning call

A SUP foiling session for me yesterday. Here's some photos of a contest that was held Wednesday at Queens in Waikiki posted by GoFoil. They also have a video on their page and here's another video on youtube. Austin Kalama still dominates, but I'd like to see Kai and Zane enter one of these local contests.








3am significant buoy readings
South shore

W
1.1ft @ 15s from 174° (S)

SW
0.8ft @ 15s from 244° (WSW)

SE
1.2ft @ 15s from 246° (WSW)

Barbers
0.9ft @ 15s from 216° (SW)
0.4ft @ 13s from 184° (S)

Lanai
0.8ft @ 16s from 208° (SSW)
0.8ft @ 12s from 182° (S)

Low energy at the buoys, but that means that once again the Lahaina side won't be flat. Yesterday there were some waist high sets and even a couple of belly high ones. I'll go again, but I'm busy and not sure when I'll be able to report.

North shore
Pauwela
4.6ft @ 6s from 64° (ENE)
3.8ft @ 9s from 86° (E)

That's your windswell for today, I can add that it's already blowing pretty strong in Kuau as I type this well before sunrise.

Wind map at noon.


North Pacific has the usual windswell fetch.


South Pacific has nothing to offer, as that weak fetch in the Tasman Sea is blocked by New Zealand.


Morning sky.


No comments: