Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday 11 17 23 morning call

No photos or videos from yesterday, this is a short clip JDFollowCam took of me a while ago. I post it because it shows how I use the double hook on my harness while winging toe side. Description goes like this:
"I'm one of those who don't like switching feet, so I use a harness with two hooks and ride toe side hooked in the side hook and holding the wing with the front handle only, like in the first part of this video. A lot less stress on my body and I go upwind very efficiently like that. Hope someone tries it too!"

5am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion. South shore
Barbers
          • 1.2ft
            , 13s, SSW 195º
Small southerly energy at Barbers. Check the Kihei webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.

North shore

Pauwela

    • 6.8ft
      , 14s, NE 35º
    • 5.2ft
      , 8s, NNE 25º
    • 3.1ft
      , 6s, NE 45º

Ne windswell still in the water but today there's also a proper NE ground swell. It comes from the back of the fetch indicated in the maps below of November 13 and 14. Home guess for Hookipa is head and a half to double and still a bit stormy.

 Wind map at noon. The other ones can be found here.


Fetches map (circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.
North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):

South Pacific (about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):

Morning sky

No comments: