Monday, January 24, 2011

forza Napoli!

My home town football team (soccer for the americans) is doing good.

It's the best team we had since the glorious times in which Maradona played in Napoli. It's such a pleasure to watch them that I'm starting to put alarm clocks at 4am to watch the game online (when it's not on FSC, in which case I'll record it).
The are actually second in the rankings and I don't care if they'll win or not... they're making us dream, that's for sure!

That's why I thought about doing something to show my support from this remote island. So I drew their logo on my lovely white Superfreak (try do that with any other sail...).
I did it on the downwind side (when riding a wave), because that's the side that would show when Jimmie Hepp takes his photos from the rocks.

The plan worked beautifully!



BTW, sailing with a broken pinky is no big deal! I guess not all bones in the foot have the same importance...


The making of.


Here's the link to Jimmie's FB gallery of that day. These are the photos I took, instead.

Yet another bikini of the collection.


Brother Glenn is leaving today. I warmly wish him to be back soon.


Still some size in the sets. Luke.


Junko rips.


Kai K speedy bottom turn.


and powerful top turn.


Mark's contorsion.


Cookie is sailing sharp.


Headless loving hugging couple 1.


Headless loving hugging couple 2.


Not as glorious as the one in the previous post, but still a sick aerial from Luke.


Tiffany.


Sean.


Dunno this guy.


This is to thank the provider of the V.I.P. vantage point from where I shot yesterday. It was like shooting from a starship and I could keep my foot elevated...


Junko rips. There should be a bumper sticker that says that!


I'm on the waiting list to try that board.


Kai bailing out. Oh, I'm supposed to try a bunch of Simmer boards too...


Federico. I like this shot because it shows the reality of the conditions that my closeup radical moves don't really show. Waves are sectiony (very west). The wind is veeery offshore (check Elena's direction on the outside) and very gusty and patchy (she's in a gust and 10 yards in front of her there's a big lull). Not particularly easy and quite physically demanding, you guys.


Nonetheless, not having to go to a wedding today, someone is happy to go back to the usual 5 hours straight routine of sailing.


Allright, the good news is that I'm back in the water. The bad news is that I have to go back to work too! So no more extended photo shoots anymore. Fortunately Jimmie is on the rocks and Franky will be back soon.
Oh, I just finished editing my last gopro video. I'll let you guys know when it goes online.

PS. Volcom pro at Pipeline is live online.

5 comments:

Sharon's Mum Anne said...

"High surf" obviously makes couples want to canoodle!

Anne

enricowave said...

Forza Napuleeeee!!!
In effetti il Napoli sta facendo un campionato strepitoso, guidato dallo straniero Cavani (che segna molti gol di testa, pur essendo famoso per i bomb-shoots), che ha raggiunto una popolarità tale da essere premiato con la 'Bomba di Cavani' un fuoco d'artificio per Capodanno che era grande come 'nu guagliòne...!!! (ti ricordi il pallone di Maradona tanti anni fa')
Auguri per il piede.
Se ti vuoi rinfrescare tipo air conditioning fammi visita ogni tanto, qua si surfa a 2° con l'acqua a 10°...magari tieni il piede in ghiaccio!!!
(a lot of iced videos from AdriaticSea)
eh! eh! eh!
http://enricowave.blogspot.com/
aloha

cammar said...

Anne,
that couple, for sure! They're both great surfers... I'm gonna send them that photo.

Enrico,
good job with the videos! You're going to like my next one... coming up very soon!

Sharon said...

Go Napoli!!! OMG I love the logo on your sail, total contradictory genius.

Austin said...

GP: Your top turns and your photos keep getting mo betta bro! Thanks for sharing. Jimmie H. rocks!