Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday 2 10 17 morning call

I'm doing pretty good with the hunt for good spots this week. It's also a much easier week than last one which had that very unusual massive NNE swell (12f 16s from 15 don't happen every day. Not even ever year, really).

Yesterday's session numbers are: 2 hours (one by myself) and 19 waves. Here's a beauty that gave me a nice shampoo.





3-4am Significant buoy readings
South shore

Lanai
2.5ft @ 12s from 278° (W)
 
Still some wrap, check the webcams.

North shore
NW101
4.7ft @ 10s from 354° (N)
1.3ft @ 18s from 279° (W)
 
NW001
5.1ft @ 10s from 3° (N)                      
1.9ft @ 18s from 254° (WSW)
 
Waimea
6ft @ 12s from 330° (NW)
 
Pauwela
5.4ft @ 12s from 327° (NW)
3.5ft @ 11s from 353° (N)
 
There's signs of the a WNW swell at the NW buoys, but with those small numbers, I don't think Maui will be effected today (maybe some small forerunners at sunset), specially with such a westerly direction. And I say that not because of what the buoys show (254 doesn't make any sense, at the beginning of a swell those buoys won't give reliable directions), but because I remember the position the fetch was in. You guys should remember too, since I highlight the fetches every day in the "current wind map". If you don't, scroll down to the call of Feb. 6. This is a blog. Everything I write in it, stays.
 
And if you can't be bothered, here is the Feb 6 map for your extreme convenience, the first day of solid wind from fetch n.1, responsible for tomorrow's swell.
 
Current wind map (does it look like the Feb 6 one or what?) shows:
1) newborn fetch out of the Tokyo express
2) this is the remnant of the fetch n.1 of Feb 6 map, bringing a southerly flow that will bless our north shore with 4 days of offshore winds. Hopefully, it won't get too strong.
 
NAM3km map at 7am shows very clean conditions


NAM3km map at 2pm shows the light konas starting to gently blow. That's when I get off work and I like that.

No comments: