Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday 3 18 17 morning call

I chose to take a day of rest yesterday and I don't have any photo of the day, so here's a new Dakine top we just got at Hi-Tech. I'm going on a trip soon and I'm definitely going to get one. Can't lose that hat! Btw, I personally sold that Maliko foil hanging from the ceiling and a Starboard foil-ready SUP board and that means that at the moment we only have one foil left.


Couple of days ago I mentioned that Gold Coast WSL contest is not one of my favorite locations. I don't know what I was thinking, the show those guys are putting up is unreal. I'm not gonna comment on it, because I'm still watching round 1 at my own pace, so please don't talk to me about it if you see me, thanks.

In the meantime, I just found out that Maui girl Savanna Stone won a QS1,000 in Tahiti and that is an outstanding result for a 13 yo. Congratulations.



4am significant buoy readings
South shore

Lanai
1.5ft @ 12s from 235° (WSW)           
1.3ft @ 8s from 197° (SSW)
1.2ft @ 9s from 269° (W)
0.8ft @ 15s from 203° (SSW)
 
It's been an excellent week on the south shore to be this time of the year. Lots of small but long period pulses. Today there's a new 0.8f 15s that might well end up being my pre-work session choice. Check the webcams.

North shore
NW101
4.5ft @ 10s from 351° (N)

Waimea
3.9ft @ 10s from 331° (NNW)
3.3ft @ 11s from 332° (NNW)

Pauwela
3ft @ 8s from 6° (N)
2.9ft @ 9s from 345° (NNW)
2.1ft @ 11s from 340° (NNW)
0.4ft @ 16s from 22° (NNE)
 
There's waves on the north shore, but they're short period, disorganized and with onshore wind on it. (8mph at 5am). Don't expect a Hookipa beach report because there's no need: it's less than a 1.
 
Still some clouds, but not as bad as yesterday.


More onshores for today. Sailing might happen in Kihei.


Lots of westerly energy in this second half of March as shown by that fetch in the current wind map.

No comments: