Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thursday 4 18 19 morning call

The funding campaign for the new Lahaina harbor webcam has raised $1685. Thanks a lot and let's keep them coming. I'm gonna start my posts with an update like this until it reaches its goal of $2,000. Please donate to the page, not to me. I have nothing to do with this campaign, other than the fact that I totally support the cause.

A longboard session for me yesterday. This photo shows the biggest wave of the whole daily gallery by Jimmie Hepp. It was mostly head high instead, and it will be even smaller today.


Here's a downwind foiler that looks like Kody Kerbox on a MFC foil.


Talking about which, I'm happy to announce that after having waited for almost a year, we finally have those in stock at Hi-Tech. Two sizes, this is the biggest one. Wonderful finish.


4-5am significant buoy readings
South shore
Barbers
1ft @ 15s from 197° (SSW)

Lanai
0.8ft @ 15s from 194° (SSW)

It's always a good sign when both the local south facing buoys show something, but in this case the reality is that it's tiny. Knee high was as big as I saw yesterday on the Lahaina side, maybe also because of the very low morning tide. Ala Moana cam is down, I'm looking at Kihei and I didn't see a single set. Flat to knee high again is my call.

North shore
Hanalei
1.8ft @ 10s from 335° (NNW)                         
1.3ft @ 11s from 325° (NW)
 
Waimea
1.5ft @ 11s from 310° (WNW)                        
1.3ft @ 9s from 333° (NNW)

Pauwela
3.4ft @ 8s from 63° (ENE)
2.3ft @ 5s from 70° (ENE)
1.4ft @ 11s from 326° (NW)
1.1ft @ 12s from 323° (NW)

The NW energy is almost completely gone and the windswell is barely noticeable and that will make for close to flat conditions at Hookipa and everywhere else on the north shore.

Wind map at noon.


North Pacific haw three scattered small WNW-NW fetches. Nothing to be excited about. Spring is finally in the air. Every time it feels like that... "gosh, where did the winter go?". But this time a little bit less, I have to say, as I squeezed as many sessions as I could out of it. And I hope you guys did too with the help of this blog.


South Pacific today offers a not particularly intense but fairly wide fetch. Pat Caldwell wrote: Hawaii should see a long-lived spell of surf of at least upper-end background levels with peak days near to slightly above average within 4/23-30 from 170-190 degrees.
We'll take it!


Morning sky.

No comments: