Monday, March 21, 2011

As predicted, sailing has been overall horrible in the last few days.

But as predicted I I've been able to find the right time to get out and managed to have fun no matter what.

Fortunately today the wind eased up a bit, but that's just temporary because the next four days long stretch of nuking wind is just around the corner.
The good thing about this damn strong high pressure is that it's keeping the jet stream up high north and the eventual radioactive cloud should be missing us.
If instead there was one of those lovely NW fetches related to storms just west of Japan, we would be probably receiving glassy flashing bright green waves...

I took some pics between sessions (the late one being way better than the early one). The pic of the day award goes to Camille.


Lil post update with these two photos of me kindly taken by Harry Wievel. Here's his FB gallery.



And these are the rest of my photos in chronological order.
Victor.


Victor. As "the coach" noticed, it takes a few days even for the best ones to get rid of the jet lag, get used to the conditions and start ripping as they can.





Ricardo. He almost did a double forward off the lip today.


Mini sequence of Keith. He's doing some incredibly vertical lines.




Kai Lenny.


Eh bra!


Camille.


Keith.


Camille.


Bernd.


Kai K.


Today I parked at the upper end of the of road. I like down there so much better!



I'm looking for a better one, but I still really appreciate my board. "Such a good board!", says Nick Warmuth (who used it for one year) when he sees mine...



I sneaked into this photoshoot.


That's what I mean.


I'm not sure what causes those tumors around the mouth and eyes of the turtles, but I bet is something we (as a species) did. Some kind of alteration of the environment that we're not even aware of... so many of those!!!
PS. Thanks to James Douglass who explained that with a comment.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to affect their reproduction ability... I've never seen so many turtles in my 10 years here.
I love their grace and peacefulness.



That's about it. Tomorrow is another day. Lucky the ones that will see it.
Extremely lucky the ones that will see it in Maui.

PS. For the lovers of the statistics: the whole process of checking the photos, selecting the good ones (always a very small part of the total), uploading them, writing the caption, reviewing it (in other words: this post) took 50 minutes of my precious time.
I must really like blogging.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your time...

Tanya De Leeuw said...

Been looking forward to this post for days! Really enjoy your photo's and commentary!

Excited to be on Maui in May ... hope to be able to get out to photograph the action while I'm there!

Leedslass said...

Glad you could spare us 50 minutes of your precious time GP - I'm sure all your readers appreciate your effort.

Does that compliment earn me brownie points?????

Anne

James Douglass said...

Hi GP. I think your hunch about those turtle tumors is right. The direct cause of the tumors is a herpes virus, but the virus only flares up when the turtles have a poor diet of pollution-fertilized seaweeds. The pollution-fertilized seaweeds have been getting more abundant.

nico said...

can you put a "I like it" button on the blog?