Monday, March 28, 2011

family post

March 20 was my dad's 80th birthday.

In this photo he is celebrating surrounded by (from the left): Alessia (my brother's daughter), Angelo (my brother), Paolo (my sister's husband), Daniela (my sister), Lorenzo (my sister's son) and Laura (my sister's daughter).


Originally, I had planned to go and do a surprise show up (with a quick stop in Switzerland for a bit of skiing with some friends). But some crazy high airline tickets (Maui - Los Angeles only was around $800!!) combined with my hate for going back to Italy and for my love for being in Maui when there's waves (that's why I usually go at the beginning of September) made me selfishly decide to pass.

But I did send him some love with this little video.
I wanted to edit it and cut the very first part in which I pass in front of the camera, but the conversion of the video from mpeg4 to avi ruined the audio a bit (didn't know that!), so I chose to put the whole thing up.
The title says:"hey, it's not my fault if I cannot sing in tune!".
Enjoy (if you can!!!). BTW, it was filmed at Lanes on March 15, the day that Jaws went off... check the huge waves on the reef.

2 comments:

gerritsan said...

great video,respect.

Morley said...

Don't quit you day job - oh, wait, you don't have one! I bet your grandfather loved it!