Sunday, July 02, 2017

Sunday 7 2 17 morning call

A longboard session and a SUP flat water paddling technique lesson in Makena before work, were the lovely activities with which I filled my day yesterday. Thousand Peaks had the usual cycles between strong and light offshores in the early morning and since I didn't have much time to go all the way to Lahaina, I stopped there to have a look. When I saw Mike Crowe paddle out I thought:"well, if it's good enough for Mike, it's good enough for me too!".

Just the two of us for the first hour and two more for the second, I even ended up getting a compliment for a nose ride from him, which is as improbable as a compliment can get. If you don't know who Mike is, read this article.

That's a solid waist high one, btw.



3am significant buoy readings
South shore

W
1.8ft @ 15s from 132° (SE)
1.5ft @ 11s from 143° (SE)
 
SW
2.1ft @ 14s from 168° (SSE)

SE
2.6ft @ 15s from 153° (SSE)          
1ft @ 11s from 186° (S)
 
The outer buoys still show a decent amount of energy from the south, I'm gonna drive towards Lahaina again. Check webcams and my beach report for size and conditions.
 
North shore
Pauwela
4.6ft @ 8s from 53° (ENE)
 
Decent windswell reading at Pauwela, Hookipa will have some waves and tons of people at Pavillions. Wind sensor reads 12(7-17)mph from 81 at 4.30am.

My Meteogram.com friend has not been able to get fresher data from the SOEST guys just yet, so he proposed me a new model. Let's how this one works. (22h old) wind map at noon.



North Pacific showing a massively large high pressure and only a windswell fetch for us. That's totally normal in July.


South Pacific shows a couple of cute fetches. Nothing major, but still enough to keep flatness at bay in a week time.


Trades sky again and another stunning day is on its way.

1 comment:

BnWCollections.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.