Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday 12 15 19 morning call

One more shot of Jaws (last one, I promise), this time by Fish Bowl Diaries who posted a big album. This is Jaime Mitchell in that gnarly wipeout in the first heat of the contest. This is what he posted on his Instagram, in case you were wondering if you can hit the bottom there.

I will say it was my worst wipeout ever hands down today. I hit so hard when I fell I’m not sure if I blacked out or not but I remember getting sucked over then was instantly on the bottom and pinned to the rocks on my back. There was so much intensity down there I don’t even know how to explain it but thank god it finally let me up and I hit the surface with a sec to spare before the next one mowed me. I was seeing stars and not really with it after that. I tried to go back out and get back into the heat but was really just a passenger as you saw when I fell on my 2nd wave which I should of made . But I couldn’t see straight and my balance was off. So not the day I wanted but shit happens.

5am significant buoy readings and discussion
South shore
No southerly swell at the buoys, check the Lahaina webcam.

North shore
NW101
8.2ft @ 9s from 85° (E)

Waimea
5.3ft @ 10s from 9° (N)
4.9ft @ 13s from 337° (NNW)
2.7ft @ 11s from 339° (NNW)

Pauwela
6ft @ 9s from 48° (NE)
5.8ft @ 12s from 335° (NNW)

Almost 6ft 12s from the NNW and another 6ft 9s from the NE is the lovely mix of swell on tap today. Hookipa will receive both and together with some trades will probably offer head and a half waves of relatively poor shape. Other spots that only pick up one of the two swells might be cleaner, specially if sheltered by the wind too (like the west side).

Wind map at noon
       

     
Kahului Tides
High Tide     High Tide     Low Tide     Low Tide       Sunrise   Sunset
5:08a  +2.7   3:35p  +1.1  12:11p  +0.9  10:03p  -0.1    6:56a   5:49p    

North Pacific has a new NW fetch (8.8ft 15s from 323 on Thursday night) and the windswell fetch.


Nothing of relevance from the south.


Morning sky.

No comments: