Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday 1 11 22 morning call

Thanks Brandon for the donation.

Couple of waves I caught yesterday. Board is an 8.6 Jimmy Lewis HP and I will put a back foot pad on it, as I feel I need to be more precise with the back foot placement in the turns.




I'll take the opportunity to answer one of the most common questions I receive:"what is your favorite discipline?"
Although I might have temporary crushes on any of them (depending on what the conditions offer in that time frame), I don't have one.
I like them all.

And thanks to a soon to be documented stroke of genius and a bit of luck, I made room for one more board in my car and I'm going to have the following permanent car quiver:
- 2 shortboards
- 2 longboards
- 2 SUP's
- 2 foil boards with mast and fuse already mounted on
- 3 wingfoil wings
- several foil front and back wings
- a ton of wetsuits
- plenty room for the occasional addition of windsurf gear or a step-up surfboard, if it looks like I'm going to need them.

After my session I went to Hookipa and took some pics.




Later in the day, some windsurfers tackled Lanes. Photo by Jimmie Hepp from this album.


5am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion.
South shore
Check the Lahaina webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.

North shore
NW101
14.3ft @ 13s from 303° (WNW)

NW001

15.2ft @ 13s from 316° (NW)
Hanalei

10.8ft @ 13s from 306° (WNW)
7.3ft @ 10s from 309° (WNW)

NW buoys picked up a notch again, sign that a new pulse is on its way (graph of NW101 below). Waves are going to be in the extra large category again, although not as clean as they've been, because the wind is going to turn northerly after the pass of the weak front you can see in the satellite photo at the end. Hookipa too big for most, seek for sheltered places.


Forecast of Pauwela from this PACIOOS page.



Wind map at noon
. The other ones can be found here.


Fetches map
(circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.

North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):


South Pacific
(about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):


Morning sky.


No comments: