Saturday, April 11, 2015

11 4 15 morning call

Three lovely sessions yesterday (early and late surfing and mid day windsurfing).

Thanks to the NW swell generated by the fetch I circled on the map on Wednesday and Thursday's call, the waves were head high. Unlike this one below showing the author trying to do a little lame aerial off the back. Aerials scare the hell out of me, and I try to learn them in a safe way. I do not want to get injured now, that's for sure.


Buoys at 6am
NW
6ft @ 8s from 55° (ENE)
2.9ft @ 11s from 347° (NNW)
1.8ft @ 5s from 59° (ENE)

Pauwela
5.8ft @ 8s from 40° (NE)
2.9ft @ 11s from 340° (NNW)

Lanai
1.8ft @ 8s from 176° (S)
1.3ft @ 14s from 189° (S)
1.1ft @ 11s from 192° (SSW)

Still 3 feet at the NW buoy means that the NW swell will continue at least all day today. Direction is very favorable for Maui's north shore with no energy dispersed in refraction.

Minimal energy at the Lanai buoy, but still something for the Hi-Tech organized interscholastic championship at the Lahaina harbor. Just checked the webcam and it's obviously packed before the start of the contest.

 
 Wind map doesn't show any fetches oriented towards us again, so the first days of the week will be pretty small until the big swell still in the forecasted map will hit on Wednesday. Small, but not flat, thanks to the angular spreading of the swell generated by that fetch up north (south of the Aleutians) that is mostly directed to Canada and west coast.
 

MC2km map at noon shows wind, but a little less than the past few days. Too bad that my physical therapist told me to stop windsurfing until my trigger finger problem is solved. I'll have to stick to surfing... or disobey her! I put a banner of her business up, hit her up if you need, she's awesome.
 
 
 

No comments: