Thursday, April 23, 2015

4 23 15 morning call

 
Pretty bad call I did yesterday morning.
I went for the windswell and yes there was no wind at all and some size, but too sloppy and no shape.
Then I opted for a relaxing coffee in the quiet of the harbor and these guys were catching little rollers in the glitter. Jumped in with a longboard and caught a few myself. It was as peaceful as it gets.



Wind map shows a pretty small fetch up NW, a even more offshore direction in the trades and that small low pressure that will kill the wind Saturday/sunday. Too bad I won't be here to enjoy that.
Surfed Hookipa at sunset and it was still blowing 25 at times...


That small low will bring some clouds too (otherwise, what kind of low is it?). Pretty close to Kauai already, but judging from the sunrise I'm seeing out of my window, today should be another gorgeous day.


This is the wind map for noon. Still strong and gusty and sailable at Hookipa. Maybe also down the coast. Catch it till it lasts!



Buoys.
NW.
7ft @ 9s from 85° (E)           
3.7ft @ 6s from 133° (SE)
2.6ft @ 14s from 181° (S)
2.3ft @ 7s from 89° (E)

Waimea
4.2ft @ 9s from 47° (NE)
1.5ft @ 15s from 247° (WSW)
Pauwela
7.9ft @ 9s from 74° (ENE)
2.5ft @ 6s from 82° (E)
 
Pure windswell on the north shore.
 
Lanai
3.5ft @ 7s from 167° (SSE)           
2.6ft @ 14s from 193° (SSW)
0.6ft @ 3s from 194° (SSW)

Barbers
4.4ft @ 14s from 193° (SSW)
2.7ft @ 8s from 146° (SE)
 
How's that 4.4 vs 2.6? I'm moving to Oahu...

Anyway, south swell still here, catch that one too till it lasts!


 

No comments: