Friday, April 03, 2015

3 4 15 morning call

Yesterday's early morning sesh was fun.

Photographer Jason Hall got in the water when I was getting out of it so he missed the prime action... But he was lucky enough to get Kai Lenny ripping on a 7.6 single fin.
Kai just got a sponsorship by Tag Heuer, and I'm gonna shameless publicize that I'm trying to sell a couple of their gorgeous sunglasses on ebay. Starting price is $150, they retail on amazon for around $355. Here's the link.




My buddy Maurizio is visiting from Italy and he took this shot from shore instead. That's the Hi-Tech rental manager Alex, one of the most solid guys I've ever met. I work with him and with Russ Faurot and I consider myself blessed for how lucky I am.




Buoys.
Pauwela is only windswell (which should increase tomorrow):
5.5ft @ 9s from 71° (ENE)           
3.6ft @ 6s from 76° (ENE)
0.5ft @ 16s from 75° (ENE)

Lanai got a tiny little energy from the south. Ankle to knee high and glassy is my call for the morning on the lahaina side.
0.9ft @ 13s from 188° (S)
1.1ft @ 7s from 213° (SW)
1ft @ 10s from 187° (S)


Wind map shows the tiniest of the fetches off Japan and a wide moderate trade wind fetch (20-25knots) east of us.



That's how the weather map looks like this morning and I wouldn't be too excited about the wind today, since you can see how at the border of that trade wind area we are. Gonna be very offshore and it could be that up the coast the wind will be better than down the coast.

 

 
 Which seems confirmed by the MC2km map at 1pm. Btw, I sailed Hookipa at sunset yesterday and that was fun too.


Down south still a little bit of energy being pushed our way. Oh yeah, I also SUP surfed the south shore mid morning yesterday and that was fun too.
Trifectas feel good.

 

No comments: