Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday 1 12 20 morning call

Like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, I feel like I've been caught into a time loop since I got back. Every morning I wake up to the same howling wind and lashing rain and I have to report on the same consequently horrible surfing conditions.


The last five days wind maps illustrate what I'm talking about.


4am significant buoy readings and discussion
South shore
No indication of southerly energy at the buoys, check the Lahaina webcam.

North shore
Pauwela
10.5ft @ 10s from 67° (ENE)

The ENE windswell continues so strong that it masks whatever NW energy is in the water. There is some, but it's mostly about the windswell and the wind also today.

Wind map at noon
       


Kahului Tides
High Tide     High Tide     Low Tide     Low Tide       Sunrise   Sunset
4:11a  +2.9   3:08p  +1.3  10:53a  +0.7   9:23p  -0.5    7:07a   6:05p    

Still windswell only in the North Pacific.


Not much left out of the Tasman Sea fetch we observed the last couple of days.


Morning sky doesn't look too promising.


Rain map at 5.35am is pretty eloquent. Flash flood warning is in effect.

No comments: