Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday 7 23 22 morning call

It's been a week since the start of the mega south swell and with an increasing level of sophistication videos keep coming out. This one from Elliot Leboe might be the last one I post, also because I might take a break from posting, as some of my cuts got badly infected and I have a dry week of antibiotics in front of me.

Also, I will be traveling from Aug 27th to Sept 21st. Email me if you're looking for a place/car in Maui in that time frame.

MAALAEA Historic Swell from ACL Productions on Vimeo.

7am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion.

South shore
Lanai

  • 2.1ft
    , 9s, S 180º
  • 1.1ft
    , 13s, S 170º
  • 0.2ft
    , 18s, S 180º

Barbers

  • 1.9ft
    , 9s, S 170º
  • 0.4ft
    , 17s, S 190º

Small southerly energies at the buoys, check the Lahaina webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.


North shore

Mokapu

  • 5.6ft
    , 6s, ENE 70º
  • 1.1ft
    , 14s, E 85º

The one foot 14s reading is likely from the ex hurricane Estelle, but I don't think it's going to be particularly noticeable on the north shore. Home guess for Hookipa is waist high, bigger on eastern exposures.

Wind map at noon. The other ones can be found here.

Fetches map 
(circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.

North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):

South Pacific 
(about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):

Morning sky.

No comments: