Thursday, May 14, 2015

Went to the south shore yesterday and it was solid waist high with some nice scenery.

 Keeping your head up while paddling requires some trained muscles. This lady is giving them a break by resting with her chin on the board. Only way I know to make them strong is paddling as much as you can.

Finished the book Journals from the edge by my friend Bill Boyum. Excellent read.

90% of the time you see a fin in the water, it's a manta ray (like in this case). The other 10% is a turtle.


4.1ft @ 9s from 97° (E)
2.8ft @ 7s from 84° (E)
2.3ft @ 13s from 137° (SE)
2.3ft @ 6s from 91° (E)

3.1ft @ 8s from 40° (NE)           
3ft @ 7s from 39° (NE)
1.1ft @ 5s from 36° (NE)
0.4ft @ 16s from 334° (NNW)
6.6ft @ 8s from 65° (ENE)           
1.3ft @ 11s from 83° (E)
0.7ft @ 5s from 55° (ENE)
No sign of the NW swell at the NW buoy means that the swell will be showing up late in the afternoon. Which is confirmed by that 0.4ft @ 16s from 334° at the Waimea buoy.

3ft @ 11s from 166° (SSE)
2.8ft @ 8s from 158° (SSE)
2.1ft @ 6s from 135° (SE)
1.1ft @ 20s from 199° (SSW)
Still some 3f 11s from SSE at the Barbers buoy with a nice 1f 20s reading from SSW indicating a new swell picking up slowly. I'm going south again this morning and will try a photo report with my new iphone5. Took me forever yesterday to try to make it similar to my old Android. Will see how it works.

Wind map shows no more NW fetch but still a solid SW fetch in the Tasman sea. Thank god for that.

Maui County shows 20-25 at noon. Gonna be another windy one.


No comments: