Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Windsurfing for me yesterday, wind was gusty, waves were mostly windswell, not even remotely as good as the day before. Photo of the sunset by Jimmie Hepp





Buoys.

NW
3ft @ 9s from 78° (ENE)
3ft @ 12s from 308° (WNW)

Waimea
2.5ft @ 6s from 40° (NE)
2.3ft @ 9s from 346° (NNW)
1.4ft @ 4s from 37° (NE)
0.9ft @ 14s from 313° (NW)
 
Pauwela
4.6ft @ 8s from 85° (E)
3.3ft @ 6s from 67° (ENE)
0.6ft @ 13s from 14° (NNE)
0.4ft @ 15s from 330° (NW)

Barbers
2.5ft @ 9s from 173° (S)
2.2ft @ 6s from 133° (SE)
1.3ft @ 13s from 203° (SSW)
0.4ft @ 20s from 201° (SSW)

New WNW swell on the rise. The direction at the NW buoy started very west (still is at 308, but it was even more west yesterday). This swell is going to do exactly like the one of the past few days: start west and turn more north, so the best days will be tomorrow and Thursday.

Lovely 0.4ft @ 20s from 201 at the Barbers buoy. That's what we get from that big Fiji swell I pointed out 7 days ago. This is the weather map of the 12 (13 down under) that shows the fetch in the tasman sea.

 
 
Wind map shows two lovely fetches NW and south. That means waves in respectively 3 and 7 days, but don't forget they were there the past few days also, so it's looking good for this week.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Also because there's a lovely low pressure about to form right north of us (map below is from Friday evening) that will stop the trade winds.
 



Here's how the windguru week outlook looks like in fact. Still windy today though.
BTW, the wave forecast disappeared on my computer (still there on other computers). Not that I miss it much (you guys know how little I care about the wave forecast on windguru), but I'm just puzzled why that happens. Is that because I talked bad about it?


Enjoy your day in the water, I'm off to the south shore for glassy (hopefully), small, clean long period waves before the low tide gets them. Might be able to post a report.
Scab is still there, but I might try regular surfing this morning. It's been 2 weeks since I lay down surfed. I just miss that feeling of pushing up after catching a wave. I just miss everything about surfing.

No comments: