Thursday, October 01, 2015

1 10 15 morning call

Usual surf + windsurf action yesterday.
Windswell waves were in the shoulder high range and this is a shot of Morgan Noireaux by Jimmie Hepp.



Buoys
Pauwela
5.2ft @ 7s from 58° (ENE)
3.6ft @ 11s from 48° (NE)

Barbers
2.4ft @ 7s from 137° (SE)
1.4ft @ 16s from 194° (SSW)
1.2ft @ 12s from 189° (S)
 
More windswell on tap, should be similar to yesterday or a tad smaller.
Should also be less windy than yesterday. Below is the MC2km map at 2pm and it's barely into the pink (15-20 knots).



Nice strong N fetch with a weaker NW one. I put an arrow on the low that next week, after the "big" north swell will hit on Saturday through Monday, SHOULD intensify and send us a west swell.

I put the should in capital letters, because these long term forecasts are very unreliable.
As an example, I'm gonna post again a map that I posted on September 18. It was the map for Oct 1st, today. You can tell by yourself how little the forecasted one below has to do with real one above.
 
 
And if you don't like the idea of surfing the windswell, don't disregard that 1.4ft @ 16s from 194° (SSW) reading at the barbers buoy. I post the buoys every day, I don't always comment on them, but I expect you guys to read them.

This is a little set I just caught on the webcam in lahaina... just saying.


 
 
 
And if you wonna know where that comes from, here's the wind map of 7 days ago, September 24. You can see the fetch south of us that I circled back then.

 
 
 
 
BTW, I just added a section with the webcams I use more often. You find them under the GP's meteo website list on the right column of this blog.

No comments: