Wednesday, October 28, 2015

10 27 15 morning call

The big swell arrived and it had a lot of energy due to the different periods in its first phase.

I blew the morning session because I saw that around 5am the wind in town wasn't too strong. I knew Lahaina was going to be good, but I took a chance to surf on the north shore and got skunked by the wind, which soon became pretty strong and ruined everything.
No big deal because I made good use of the wind later in the day, thanks to a fun windsurfing session together with Browsinho and Levi.
That's the exact equivalent of a surf session with Medina and John John.

After that, I didn't miss the opportunity to go take some shots at Honolua Bay at sunset (always a challenge).
This is the best one. He got totally barreled and totally mowed.

Different wipeout, it was kinda heavy.


Carissa Moore walked up by my car and had one of those wetsuits with the zip in the front that was down enough to show a surprising beautiful cleavage. I gave her a 9.


Facebook sessions are just better when there's a big swell.
Photographer John Patao took this shot of Polakow at Jaws. This is the comment I left:


"I counted 3 masts and a half between his board and the lip above it.
That's 14 meters. 46 feet.
Tomorrow at the shop I'm gonna lay 3 masts and a half on the floor (might have to do it in the parking), then lay down next to the lower mast, look up to the top mast and try to imagine."


Buoys 5am
NW
7.8ft @ 16s from 343° (NNW)
5ft @ 11s from 357° (N)
2.6ft @ 6s from 67° (ENE)
2.6ft @ 10s from 4° (N)

Waimea
10.1ft @ 17s from 343° (NNW)
5.9ft @ 12s from 342° (NNW) 
Pauwela
13.1ft @ 15s from 346° (NNW)
5.3ft @ 8s from 24° (NNE)


Big numbers that should slowly go down throughout the day, but you can imagine it's still gonna be big all day.
Hopefully a bit cleaner, since now the long period component is more dominant, but there's still a lot of energy out there.

The wind will still ruin the surf on the north shore, but it's turning to a more sideshore direction and the west side will still be the call for surfing. Still quite a big NW fetch from the low that will send big swell number 2, peaking on Friday.

Are they gonna run the Aloha Classic? I stopped guessing, so you guys find out yourselves by tuning in the AWT or PWA websites that should have a webcast of the Pro's.
If they're not running it, the alternative is to check the HIC Pro surf contest at Sunset beach in Oahu that is scheduled to start today and begin the Triple Crown thing for this winter. 
I love this time of the year.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really gp, you reduce all females to their body parts...even the great Carissa Moore. It's annoying!

cammar said...

Hi Cathy,
for me appreciating Carissa's beautiful boobs is like appreciating a beautiful wave at Honolua. It's nature's beauty. I don't see anything wrong with it and I don't think I do what you say. Even though I can understand why you feel like that.
Sorry it bothers you, take it as a price to pay to get the reports! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely right GP,
Furthermore you´re Italien. If the first two arguments could not be taken into accout, at least this should score.
Greez, Dennis