Thursday, October 08, 2015

10 8 15 morning call

I keep scoring on the south shore.

The caption for this facebook post was:"That's how she looked at the beginning and at the end. And she looked just as good all the way through."




Buoys
Pauwela
7.3ft @ 9s from 359° (N)
1.7ft @ 6s from 353° (N)
0.3ft @ 4s from 356° (N)

Barbers
4.5ft @ 9s from 315° (NW)           
2.5ft @ 18s from 172° (S)
2.4ft @ 13s from 197° (SSW)
1.7ft @ 15s from 183° (S)
 
With a lovely 7f 9s and finally no more wind on the north shore and a work shift that starts at 9am, you might think I'd surf Hookipa today.
Not a chance.
Barbers' readings are too good to pass, I'll be looking south at first light. Stay tuned for an update (I did that yesterday!).

Brief confirmation of the no wind from those models at the bottom of the windguru page.


 
 Oh wow, look at that! A NW fetch! I almost forgot how those look like!
Related swell will hit Sunday at 6f 11s. But, as usual, I have my eyes on the fetch east of New Z.

Close up to show the lovely lack of wind.


Doesn't matter where you go. As long as you go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear GP.. may I ask: what break is that in those pics? i drove west yesterday hoping to find the south swell... but didn't find the magic. would you share your secret?? many thanks, DC

cammar said...

dear DC,
thanks for your comment, but if I don't mention the break in the comment it's usually because I'd rather keep for me...

cheers

cammar said...

if I don't mention it in the post, I meant