Tuesday, October 13, 2015

10 13 15 morning call

Good thing I couldn't do a proper call yesterday, because my personal call was really bad.

I live 1 minute from Hookipa and I drove 40 minutes to find small waves on the south shore. The buoys were up and I had to try a board (for which task, of course, I have a favorite wave), but it was only waist high.
I surfed Hookipa later in the morning though.

The photo is from 2 days ago instead. Blog reader Matias Ricci bottom turn. Yesterday it was a lot smaller than that.


Buoys
NW
5.4ft @ 14s from 298° (WNW)
3.4ft @ 10s from 344° (NNW)
2.2ft @ 6s from 354° (N)

Pauwela
3.9ft @ 10s from 336° (NNW)
2.7ft @ 11s from 333° (NNW)
1.7ft @ 15s from 311° (NW)
0.2ft @ 4s from 62° (ENE)

Barbers
3.3ft @ 14s from 235° (WSW)
2.6ft @ 11s from 312° (NW)
1.3ft @ 12s from 309° (WNW)
1ft @ 4s from 296° (WNW)
 
NNW swell still hanging in there at 4f 10s, which is probably head high at Hookipa. Should receive a reinforcement (remember, I pointed out the fetch on the 10 11 call) tomorrow or late this afternoon.
But what I'd like to draw your attention to is the WNW one.
A returning couple of customers are hiring me again to take them surfing. I'm gonna make a risky call and take them to a spot that could be hit by that one. It's either gonna be flat or head high blue walls and no one around. We'll see.

Wind map shows still a NW fetch. This time oriented more towards the mainland's west coast, but we might still get the angular spreading of it (I tried to draw the lines to illustrate that).
I also circled the lovely area of light wind that we are at the moment submerged in.





As a result, very light wind forecasted for today by the two models at the bottom of the windguru page.


This wind map below is from October 5th and it shows (all the way to the left) the fetch from the hurricane off Japan that sent us that WNW swell. In case someone was wondering....



No comments: