Wednesday, October 07, 2015

10 7 15 morning call

The south shore was the place to be yesterday and it will also be today.

Absolutely nothing to do on the north shore due to the onshore wind.
This is a little gem I caught yesterday, while surfing this break by myself. Strong wind, but still fun.

 
 
Just to pump you guys up, let me share a photo taken by my friend Jaime (owner of the hotel El Faro) in Pacasmayo, Peru. I've been there and the windsurfing was unbelievable (if you like the slog and surf style). Rides of 1km and on one wave I counted 23 turns.
Strong current when it's that big, for surfing you need a boat. Or go to Chicama (1h drive) which breaks closer to the land and so you can more easily walk back on the rocks after your ride.
 

 
 
 
Buoys
NW
9.2ft @ 9s from 11° (NNE)

Pauwela
5.5ft @ 8s from 35° (NE)
3.5ft @ 7s from 22° (NNE)
2.5ft @ 11s from 328° (NW)
 
Barbers
3.4ft @ 11s from 318° (NW)
2.9ft @ 8s from 318° (NW)
2.4ft @ 9s from 313° (NW)
2.4ft @ 16s from 179° (S) 
 
No idea where all those NW readings at the Barbers buoy come from (might be West wrap arounds), but I don't care about those. All I (we) care about is 2.4f 16s from 179, because that's what I'll be surfing today.

The Lahaina cam shows decent size, the only concern being the north wind wrapping the coast line and coming from Kaanapali (like yesterday).
 
 
You can see that very well in the noon map of MC2km.


 
 This is a detail of the northerly wind direction.

While for the fetches, I prefer this map, since we can see the ones down under too. Many fetches, all pretty weak maybe with the exception of the one SE of New Zealand.
 
I promise one or more updates from the south shore today, check the blog often if you care about those.

No comments: