Thursday, September 24, 2015

9 24 15 morning

Tiny and weak everywhere yesterday (with the only exception of the Lahaina harbor maybe).

More of the same today.

Buoys
Pauwela
3.7ft @ 8s from 87° (E)
1.6ft @ 4s from 76° (ENE)
1.3ft @ 5s from 76° (ENE)
 
Barbers
2ft @ 11s from 192° (SSW)
1.6ft @ 8s from 164° (SSE)
1.4ft @ 6s from 140° (SE)
1.3ft @ 16s from 206° (SSW)
 
 
Since there's no waves, I'm gonna answer a question I receive quite often: the buoys position.
If you go on the surfline page linked on the right together with all the other sites I use, you can find this map I snipped below. I hope it helps.
 


No waves we said, what about the wind. For a change, MC2km is updated this morning and this is the map at noon. Notice how small is the pink area of 15-20 knots, so I would not expect particularly strong wind.

 

The future doesn't look too bright either. I marked a few fetches just for the sake of it, but they're not gonna do anything for us for the usual reasons: too small, weak and/or far away.

The next rideable waves should be generated by that fetch NE of us forecasted to set up on Sunday.
Messy windswell is going to be just fine after 4 days of nothingness. Hang in there.

No comments: