Tuesday, September 29, 2015

9 29 15 morning call

An intense day of action for me yesterday started with a surf session at the point. That's how the waves looked.

Shortly after that I went windsurfing and this is a photo taken by Jimmie Hepp.
Hitting the lip of a 8s period wave is SO MUCH easier than hitting one of a long period wave.



After that I went surfing brown waters again like yesterday. Considerably smaller, but still fun.
I don't like wasting time in my days off. At least, when there's waves.

Buoys
Pauwela
6.4ft @ 8s from 36° (NE)
2.5ft @ 6s from 46° (NE)
1.3ft @ 12s from 347° (NNW)

Barbers
 
2.7ft @ 6s from 126° (ESE)
2.7ft @ 9s from 177° (S)
1.2ft @ 14s from 195° (SSW)
1ft @ 11s from 187° (S)

Windswell dropped yesterday, but now it seems to stay steady at the Pauwela buoy.



Windy and rainy. That is unfortunately the pattern we're gonna have to face the whole week.
At least the windswell will come with it, but what a difference with how September started with those glassy, hurricane swell filled sunny days!

For a change, the maui county @2km map is updated early in the morning. Here's the noon map.

 
 Not much on the active fetches front. You can see the two I identified. Windswell one is weak now so I didn't even circled, but it's gonna get strong again.

 

No comments: