Monday, September 07, 2015

9 7 15 morning call

My friends at Manaloha rent a car told me that they're having a special for the month of September: 10% discount for every booking of at least a week.

Fantastic day of surfing yesterday pretty much everywhere. First session was in Lahaina and the waves looked like this one below.
Second session was at Maalaea and it was perfect waist high peelers. Rides were between 10 and 30 yards, I had a blast on my longboard pigdogging each single wave I caught.
Hookipa looked alright at sunset in the head high range.





Buoys
NW
4.7ft @ 10s from 58° (ENE)
4.4ft @ 14s from 134° (SE)

N
11.4ft @ 11s from 70° (ENE)

Pauwela
5.6ft @ 12s from 55° (ENE)
3.4ft @ 9s from 60° (ENE)
2.9ft @ 10s from 61° (ENE)

Barbers
3.5ft @ 17s from 177° (S)
2.1ft @ 10s from 175° (S)

Plenty energy from the ENE on the east and north shores, while the south swell went up a notch. I go south, no doubt.

MC2km map at noon shows some onshores. But till then it should be pretty clean everywhere.

Wind map shows a couple of hurricane fetches. the third one is up north and I thought it was less relevant than the big fetch down south. Next weekend's south swell is going to be as good as this one we have now.

 
Lahaina cam shows plenty energy.

No comments: