Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wednesday 5 11 22 morning call

Hookipa yesterday.


The path of evolution of my Foil Drive assisted SUP foiling downwinders took an unexpected course yesterday. I remember a video a few months ago in which, comparing SUP and Wing downwinders, I say:"no matter how good I get, I'll never be able to do a SUP one with the 725 front foil that I use with the wing".
I was wrong. This is one unedited clip from yesterday. I still can't believe it worked.


4am Surfline significant buoy readings and discussion.

South shore
Barbers

1.6ft at 12s S 170º
0.6ft at 15s S 185º

Small southerly energy at Barbers. Check the Lahaina and Kihei webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.


North shore
Hanalei
1.9ft @ 11s from 336° (NNW)

Waimea

1.8ft @ 11s from 319° (NW)
0.4ft @ 16s from 320° (NW)

Mokapu

6ft @ 8s from 76° (ENE)
4.2ft @ 7s from 83° (E)

Small 11s NW energy at the close upstream buoys. Winswell still pumping. Home guess for Hookipa is for waist to shoulder with occasional head high peaks.

Wind map at noon. The other ones can be found here.



Fetches map 
(circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: possibly over the ice sheet) from Windy.

North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):


South Pacific 
(about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):


Morning sky.


No comments: