Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday 4 21 19 morning call

The funding campaign for the new Lahaina harbor webcam has raised $1685. Thanks a lot and let's keep them coming. I'm gonna start my posts with an update like this until it reaches its goal of $2,000. Please donate to the page, not to me. I have nothing to do with this campaign, other than the fact that I totally support the cause.

A shortboard session for me yesterday. This is my pick of Jimmie Hepp's daily gallery of the windsurfing action at Hookipa. It was mostly windswell and it will be only windswell today.


6am significant buoy readings
South shore
Barbers
1.5ft @ 14s from 203° (SSW)
0.3ft @ 18s from 204° (SSW)

Lanai
1ft @ 13s from 187° (S)

Background energy still in the water while Barbers feels a sliver of 18s which could mean that tomorrow we should have the expected little swell that was in the forecast. Just by looking at the Kihei cam, flat to knee is my call for today.

Below is an image from the Kapiolani Park webcam, which I also added to the list. It shows line long period very small lines, but don't forget that Oahu gets a lot more energy than Maui, as they don't have Kahoolawe right in front blocking part of it.


North shore
Pauwela
6.7ft @ 8s from 87° (E)

We're now down to windswell only and it's also pretty easterly, so only a portion of it will make it to Hookipa, which should be less than head high.

Wind map at noon.


North shore has several scattered fetches.


Nothing form the south.


Morning sky.

No comments: