Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday 4 24 19 morning call

It's with great pleasure that I announce that the new Lahaina harbor webcam is up and running on this website. Thanks to all the people who contributed to the funding campaign. The installation went a little over the planned cost, please keep donating if you feel like.

Three shortboard sessions for me yesterday. I took this image on the Lahaina side in the afternoon.


After the trusty Rusty, I pulled out another semi-forgotten board out of the house rack. This incredibly fun 5.7 Proctor 'Lil Rascal got bumped out of the car rack a year ago by a similar one, but it's the perfect board to try out the Mark Richards twinnish fin set I just purchased. That's what I rode all day yesterday. It's so loose that requires much less foot pressure and a more cruisy, relaxed, Machado-like style.
Don't have enough money to buy a new board, but feel the need for a change? Changing your fins is almost like changing your board... come check out the vast assortment we have at Hi-Tech.


This is my pick of Jimmie Hepp's gallery of the windsurfing action at Hookipa.


6am significant buoy readings
South shore
SW
2.9ft @ 12s from 166° (SSE)

SE
2.3ft @ 12s from 181° (S)

Barbers
2.5ft @ 13s from 189° (S)

Lanai
2.3ft @ 13s from 197° (SSW)

South swell still running, just went down a second or two in the period (which is great for many spots on the Lahaina side, btw). This image from the new cam shows a nice set at Breakwall, so I'm calling waist to chest possibly occasionally bigger. I will report around 8.30 from Ukumehame. Btw, yesterday I heard for the first time the nickname Nukumehame... good one!


North shore
Waimea
2.5ft @ 12s from 314° (NW)

Pauwela
4.8ft @ 9s from 82° (E)            
1.9ft @ 6s from 75° (ENE)
1.8ft @ 12s from 330° (NW)
1.3ft @ 5s from 66° (ENE)
 
Little NW swell showing at the reported buoys (not at the others), so there should be something more than the windswell at Hookipa. I'm calling possible head high in the sets from home.

Wind map at noon.


North Pacific has a NW, a NNE and the windswell fetch. I like the NNE one because is relatively close to us and because I like that direction.


Nothing from the south.


Morning sky.

No comments: