Thursday, April 04, 2019

Thursday 4 4 19 morning call

The funding campaign for the new Lahaina harbor webcam has raised $1205. Thanks a lot and let's keep them coming. I'm gonna start my posts with an update like this until it reaches its goal of $2,000. Please donate to the page, not to me. I have nothing to do with this campaign, other than the fact that I totally support the cause.

A longboard and a shortboard session for me yesterday. This is how Honolua looked in a photo from a blog reader. I totally rely on the readers to post pictures of the Bay (when I don't go), so please keep sending them (email is on the right).


Photoshoot season at Hookipa for the windsurfer brands. Here's my favorite shot of Jimmie Hepp's  gallery of the day.


4am significant buoy readings
South shore
Lanai
1.3ft @ 15s from 217° (SW)

Small SW swell tapering down, yesterday it was knee to occasionally knee high. Should be a tad smaller today.

North shore
NW101
5.2ft @ 10s from 330° (NW)
1.9ft @ 17s from 326° (NW)

Hanalei
4.6ft @ 12s from 331° (NNW)
4ft @ 10s from 349° (NNW)                        
0.7ft @ 18s from 330° (NW)
 
Waimea
4.1ft @ 11s from 319° (NW)
2.5ft @ 10s from 321° (NW)                        
0.4ft @ 20s from 348° (NNW)
 
Pauwela
4.6ft @ 13s from 329° (NW)
3.8ft @ 10s from 348° (NNW)
 
NW swell keeps declining as predicted, but it should still be a fun size at Hookipa. A new long period NW swell is on the slow rise at all the upstream buoys, but I doubt we'll see anything in Maui before tomorrow. The usual "maybe a few sets at sunset". Below is the graph of NW and Pauwela together with the Surfline forecast. On this last one, you can see the declining blue line of the current swell and the rising orange line of the new one.

Wind map at noon.


North Pacific continues to provide NW fetches.


The 60's are roaring down south, but only west to east.


Morning sky.

No comments: