Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Wednesday 12 9 20 morning call

Hookipa yesterday morning had some size and excellent conditions at times.


I saw the guy paddling, but he looked too deep, so I went anyway. I'm pretty sure I was correct, as he gets engulfed in the white water in the next frame, but just in case I wasn't... I apologize!

Epic but extremely hard windsurfing conditions happened in the afternoon. My pick of Jimmie Hepp's album of the day.

4am significant buoy readings and discussion.
South shore
Barbers
1.6ft @ 18s from 214° (SW)

Low long period SW swell still at Barbers, check the Lahaina webcam if interested, for size, conditions and consistency.

North shore
NW001
5.2ft @ 13s from 332° (NNW)

Waimea

5.6ft @ 13s from 333° (NNW)
5.5ft @ 14s from 331° (NNW)

Below are the graphs of NW001 and Waimea that show that the NNW swell had a double peak yesterday (if you watched the Pipe Invitational, you probably noticed).



Today it should be on the decline all day. Hookipa still at least head and a half is my guess from home. Wind conditions should be nice.

Wind map at noon
.The other ones can be found at link n.-2 of GP's meteo websites list in the right column (click on animation of the 10 meter column).




Fetches map (circles legend: red: direct aim, blue: angular spreading, black: blocked, yellow: apparent direct aim, but out of the great circle ray map, so not 100% sure).
North Pacific (about 4 days travel time from the NW corner of the North Pacific):



South Pacific (about 7 days travel time from east/west of New Zealand):



Morning sky.


No comments: