Friday, March 27, 2015

3 27 morning call

Horrible windsurfing session for me yesterday.

The (not so) funny part is that I heard many sailors commentating on the beach "best session in a long time!".
It's great how we all are different, thank god. That might have been my last windsurfing session with more than 20 knots in my life, btw.

What made it even worse, was the photo that my friend Kazuma posted on his facebook.
I said the south shore was gonna be the only chance for a decent surf. I was wrong.



Well the Pauwela buoy is reading 6.2ft @ 7s from 54° (ENE), 4.1ft @ 11s from 325° (NW) so not all is lost.
Lanai instead is down quite a bit at 1.6ft @ 13s from 198° (SSW), but there's still waves on the webcam.

Wind map shows the NW fetch now shooting pretty much straight east (we'll still get the angular spreading), so the Monday swell is not going to be super long lasting.
And a small fetch down under that will keep the south shore not completely flat also next week.
The high pressure did move east, so the trades direction should be less onshorish today.





Kinda straight east, actually. Below is the MC2km map at noon. Plenty wind on the north shore.
 
 

No comments: