Monday, March 30, 2015

30 15 morning call

Not much action for me yesterday, but that's my fault.

I taught a lesson in Kihei and seen the high Barbers point reading with some east, I went east.
It was breaking, but too close to the rocks. There were some proper ones, but every 20-30 minutes or so.

So I jumped in the water and caught one of those little guys instead. It was fun, but I had to wait 20 minutes for it, so I left.



You better catch something brah!



Lahaina side had better waves (like most of the times on a small to medium swell), but I drove back home because I wanted to catch some kind of sunset session on the rising NW swell.
Instead the wind blew hard till 6 (and with more than 40 sailors out at Hookipa) and I just watched.
That makes the total of waves ridden yesterday for me equal to 1.
That is absolutely unacceptable, and I'm gonna fix it today.

The NW buoy yesterday went up to 7f 14s from around 310. We get shadowed by the upstream island on that direction, in fact Pauwela at 5am is only reading 3.8ft @ 15s from 323° (NW) (plus 4.6ft @ 9s from 83° (E) of windswell), but that'll still be well overhead.

The wind will be on it all day though as the two models at the bottom of the windguru page show.
I love that momentary lack of wind that the NAM one shows for tomorrow morning... I really hope it's true.



No lack of wind today instead, at least on the north shore, so guess what I'm gonna do?
Let me help you with the readings of Lanai 2.7ft @ 14s from 241° (WSW) and Barbers 4.5ft @ 14s from 188° (S).
I'm completely confused about the directions, so I went back in the weather maps archive and pulled the March 21 one. I drew a couple of lines to show how I think the angular spreading of that fetch worked. We must be getting something from the very deep of the fetch to justify such a long delay in arrival. How's that little Maui I drew to show where we are? Not easy to do with a touchpad mouse.


 



Well, I'm not sure where they're coming from, but as long as there's something, I don't particularly care.
This is the NON updated MC2km map of 7am and I'll be in the blue. Probably no report from Hookipa, if I manage to leave in the dark.


Weather map is totally depressing. Wind and virtually no waves generated for us other than the windswell.


Yeah, a tiny little fetch off Japan, but that's not doing much. Better down south.

Last but not least, my 6.6 Black Beauty is up for grabs at $350 with EA fins that look like brand new.. Here's the link to the ad with all the details.




No comments: